Sunday, May 13, 2018

Dear K.Z. from Charleston,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I’m a member but just the webmistress here so not the person who can give you the best answers to these questions. The person you need to contact is Fr. William Willoughby FrWWIII@aol.com, Secretary-General of the Confraternity.  I don’t think he’s monitoring this blog so you need to email him.

What you’d be joining is the American branch of a devotional society of the Anglican Church that started in England mid 19th century. Some information is linked at the website here: http://anglicanhistory.org/cbs/ It isn’t entirely, or primarily online: there are wards in a number of Episcopal churches on the ground.

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘spiritualist’ so can’t answer that. The CBS is just regular, plain Episcopalian though on the high church end. Do get in touch with Fr. Willoughby who I think can do better in answering these questions. If you have any questions for me—as I say, I’m just the person who created and maintains the website, I’m baber@sandiego.edu.

Thank you for your interest! I hope you’ll be joining us!

Best,

Harriet Baber

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home